Monday 8 June 2009

Such a sad day

At 11.15am today I had a phone call asking me if I would like to pick George up from nursery. One of the children from the class below his was taken ill on Friday and had died of meningitis on Saturday. Knowing that the nursery staff would be upset, I checked with my boss, and arranged to leave work.

I rang one of my friends who was pulling up at the nursery gates to collect her daughter as I called her. My friend offered to collect George there and then as I rushed out of the door at work. George stayed at his friend's house and I took his friend's baby brother for a walk while their mum did some of the jobs that were planned in the house. We also talked a lot and had coffee. Most of all, I think we just felt lucky. Lucky that our children were still sitting in front of us. Noisy, boisterous, busy, demanding, but most importantly, still alive.

My prayers and thoughts are with Daniel's mummy and daddy tonight. Sleep peacefully little man xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment