Tuesday 28 July 2009

My Poor Baby

My poor baby has been ill today. He woke me at 12 :50am this morning, and he was sick at 1:00am, 2:15am, 3:30am, 4:15am and 6:30am.

By 7:00am he was asking for cornflakes (no, he didn't have them, he was allowed small sips of water), by 8:00am he was asking for spaghetti (he didn't have that either, just more sips of water).

At 10:00am I allowed him 3 chocolate buttons, at 11:00am he had another 3. At 3:30pm, 9 hours after he was last sick, he was finally allowed the spaghetti. He ate it and asked what was next. Errm, nothing?

He was so good, didn't make a fuss about being sick, and I'm proud of him. He has been a bit whingy and clingy today, but he's only 4 after all and we had very little sleep last night. The bit that upset me was that even though George's daddy has been away since the 7th of June and is thousands of miles away, this morning was the first time that my brave little man cried and said he needed a snuggle off his daddy. Just about the only thing I couldn't fetch for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment