Friday 6 February 2009

Fast food and slow walks


Fast Food
Today we went to Burger King, as we do now and then. I believe in teaching small people to eat in company and how to behave themselves whilst doing so. George the non-eater usually just has chips and ketchup.

Today he asked for chicken nuggets and ate them . I was shocked, amazed, and pleased. Although it is not the sort of food that I would prefer him to eat, it proves that he is starting to try new foods. He has never eaten meat before whilst with me, although his nursery have reported him eating chicken twice.

Slow Walks
This evening at 6:30 pm he announced the he NEEDED to go for an evening walk. Never being one to refuse any reasonable request, I put his socks back on, encased him in wellie boots, a cardigan, a scarf, his hat and his coat, and we set off.

We did two circuits "round the block" which is about 10 minutes each circuit. We inspected the building site at one end and George was very excited to be out at night and equally pleased to see the moon.

We did the second circuit singing "If you're happy and you know it", but making up our own verses such as "If you're happy and you know it squidge your George" and "If you're happy and you know it walk along". He went straight to bed when we arrived home (after brushing his teeth), so the fresh sea air must have done him some good. I have to admit that I enjoyed it too. With his daddy away I don't go far in the evenings and it was good to stretch my legs and have some fun with George.

Incidentally, he has more than made up for his lack of food intake yesterday. He had cornflakes for breakfast, nuggets and chips for lunch, and cheesy mash and beans for dinner. In between he has had one home made fairy cake, 2 pieces of shortbread, a kit kat and probably at least a pint and a half of milk. The sniffing has stopped. Coincidence? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment