Tuesday 28 April 2009

Growing up and leaving home

George told me tonight that he didn't want to grow up as that would mean leaving home and leaving me. I told him there was no rush as his dad was 42 before he made the final break.

I then had a great idea and told George that as this house is so big, if he marries a kind lady, she can move in here and help with the housework, so he won't have to leave at all.

"That's a good idea" said the thinker. "You two could clean the house while me and daddy have a cup of tea".

At the age of 4 1/2, with a father who cooks (and cleans if I point him in the right direction), I have no idea where these grand ideas come from. I will do my best to correct him, but I think he may make a lovely ex-husband one day.......

3 comments:

  1. That is such a George idea. I still think he might make a supply officer one day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a cute blog! What a wonderful idea to keep a journal of George growing up. These are all things you will treasure one day.

    "You two could clean the house while me and daddy have a cup of tea". *chuckle*

    George is absolutely delightful...! Omigoodness...! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww How adorable! I love the creativity of that age!

    ReplyDelete