Thursday 17 September 2009

School

So then, George is a big school boy now and is very proud of himself. He has settled in well, and some mornings he is so eager to be in his classroom that he forgets to say goodbye to me.

His daddy asked if I cried the first morning. Well, truth to tell, I was so proud of him bouncing into the classroom and running to sit next to his friend B that I came out with a great big beaming smile on my face.

I'm not having much in the way of feedback from him, but luckily, I talk to some of the mums of his friends - ladies that I have come to know from George's nursery days. B told her mum when they had a French lesson, George told me that they had been put into groups, and so the sharing of information gives us all a better picture of what they are doing.

I'm just so pleased that he is enjoying this new experience.

1 comment:

  1. Mine is 15 and apparently still learns 'nothing' or 'stuff' everyday! As a teacher I tend to probe deeper, assuring her that all her teachers will have had specific aims for each lesson....

    Glad he is enjoying it all :-)

    ReplyDelete