Wednesday 7 October 2009

A sad week

We're having a bad week. The police came on Monday to tell us that George's daddy had been found dead in his cabin on board his ship off the coast of the Falkland Islands.

I have told George the news, and he said "Mummy, daddy has broken my heart", then he cried for a little while, then he ate his tea.

I'm so proud of my brave little man, who has been to school today and keep hugging me. He has told me several times that he is sad that his daddy has died, but I just remind him that I love him most in the whole wide world, and that he and I still have each other.

My heart is broken too, but if anyone can help me through this it is my gorgeous little boy.

5 comments:

  1. George looks like an adorable little boy and you sound like a wonderful mummy. I hope you both manage to help each other through this dreadful time. Sending love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be proud of George. He is a very special little boy. Love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read this after seeing your comment on my blog,I am so shocked,dear J :o(
    I just dont know what to say,words are quite useless at times like these,if you were here I would hug you hard & stare you in the eye like my nan used to me & say everything will come right over & over again
    Your darling boy will be your strength, I am not that far away from you am I,let me know if you need any help,anything at all,even to let the smalls play with G whilst you sit & weep or do whatever you need to do to get through the hard days ahead.
    God bless dear J, I am so so sad for you :o(
    GTM x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear your sad news. Stay strong. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ai tot dreptul sa fii mandru de george si imi pare rau sa aud aceste stiri triste... Fii puternica!! :-*

    ReplyDelete