Sunday 18 January 2009

Chuff Chart

For the past two weeks George has been crossing off the days on a chuff chart that I made him to show when his daddy would be home. I didn't know exactly what date he would be home, but I guessed and overestimated a bit so that George wouldn't be disappointed. George insists on crossing the squares off himself, and is enjoying watching the uncrossed squares becoming fewer and fewer.

Hopefully we now have only 5 weeks before we go to the airport to collect him. With five weeks to go, George is excited already. When I was pregnant, one of my aunties said that George would forget who his daddy was because he would be away for so long. Before he was born, George would kick and kick when he heard his daddy's voice, and go very quiet when his daddy was away. His first smile was for his daddy (and most of the ones after that for the first couple of months, I didn't get a look in).

I have to say that I don't think that there is any chance of George forgetting his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment